Machine Shop Supervisor - 2nd Shift
We are currently seeking a Second Shift Machine Shop Supervisor to join our team. The Machine Shop Supervisor is a working supervisor who leads a team of machinists to produce components efficiently and accurately.
- Map out resources to (1) meet production schedules, prevent bottlenecks and maximize thru-put, (2) achieve quality objectives (3) meet absorption commitments and (4) support sales department though production of samples and prototypes
- Review and disposition MDRs for machine shop components and institute corrective actions
- Assure accuracy of documentation
- Initiate productivity and quality improvement
- Troubleshoot machine shop problems and resolve any tooling issues
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues in cooperation with other departments
- Initiate product improvements
- Provide order status updates and resolve problems
- Delegate work and insure proper production reporting
- Insure safe work place
- Meet department budget, which is established with Management
- Monitor variance reports and take necessary corrective action
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on machining experience with demonstrated proficiency on the most challenging machines, including CNCs
- Familiar with programming of CNC multi-axis lathes
- Ability to develop production processes
- High level of expertise with measuring devices including micrometers, calipers, drop gages, etc.
- 3 to 5 years of supervision experience in a precision machining operation
- Tooling knowledge
- High school or equivalent technical education
Complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k company matched contribution
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority; Female; Disabled; Veteran; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity; National Origin
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident; we are unable to provide sponsorship.