Mechanical Engineer - Entry Level
SV Microwave has an exciting opportunity for a driven, hardworking entry-level Mechanical Engineer. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong desire to develop mechanical solutions for RF connectors and passive components in accordance with customer requirements.
As a Mechanical Engineer at SV Microwave, you will:
- Evaluate new product customer requirements to initiate and model advanced designs using SolidWorks.
- Meet mechanical requirements and optimize electrical performance with electromagnetic simulation and analytical methods.
- Regularly communicate with internal customers (Sales, Quality, Manufacturing) and external customers to clearly define current project objectives and provide weekly updates.
- Develop manufacturable designs of components, assemblies, and tooling using proper CAD modeling techniques and mechanical tolerance analysis.
- Perform heat transfer and predicted stress analysis using classical engineering methods and simulation tools.
- Be responsible for the design review and final document approval of junior engineers, drafters, and technicians.
- Participate in and oversee the assembly and testing of engineering prototype designs.
- Troubleshoot root cause design and component failures and field returns using both experimental and analytical methods.
- Work cooperatively with on-site manufacturing organization and other departments to meet production requirements and cost reduction goals through design for manufacturability, process and design improvements, and assembly fixture design.
- Assist Quality Assurance in the development of production test methods and quality inspection parameters throughout the company.
- Interface with suppliers to analyze and recommend new advances in technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- Working knowledge of CAD and engineering simulation tools
Complete benefit package includes medical, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) company matched contribution.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority; Female; Disabled; Veteran; National Origin; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity. Drug-Free work environment.
Position requires candidate to be a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident or any individual who is granted status as a “protected person” under 8 U.S.C. We are unable to provide sponsorship.