Questions? We're here to help. 561.840.1800
SV Microwave is seeking a high energy manufacturing engineer with a passion for machining. If you are a proactive, results-oriented manufacturing engineer who enjoys problem solving, consider joining our Operations team supporting the Machine Shop.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes, including CNC Programming, for cost reduction, decreased cycle and set-up times, and on-time, quality and efficiency improvements, utilizing statistical knowledge and information on product design, materials and parts, production equipment capabilities and quality standards.
- Document and evaluate current state shop floor processes and material flow. Improve and document future state with sufficient detail to support training requirements.
- Develop, monitor and report accurate and detailed yields, production times, rework, scrap and other metrics for the machine shop. Develop improvement plans.
- Analyze and improve workforce utilization, staffing requirements (both current and future), workflow and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Conduct detailed examinations to determine machine capabilities, proper material handling and use of personnel in order to reduce cost.
- Assist in justification for capital acquisitions and identify capacity constraints by providing in-depth analysis of current capacity.
- Determine root cause of production failures. Recommend & implement corrective actions.
- Plan, develop and oversee machine shop training programs to promote efficient personnel utilization.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in implementing lean and Six Sigma tools to reduce process variation.
- Utilize IT skills to improve electronic solutions for the machine shop.
- CNC Swiss machining experience (5 years)
- CAD/CAM Programming for Swiss machines
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- SolidWorks experience
- Manufacturing related knowledge and experience
Complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k company matched contribution.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority; Female; Disabled; Veteran; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity; National Origin
Candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship.